One may not meet a woman with broader experiences in all aspects of farm business and operation than Kim. From farm financial management, whole farm planning, Biodynamics, biodiversity and soil management, Charlie’s interview with Kim covers many bases in a relatively short period of time, whilst enjoying the sanctuary that is Angus her husband and her farm The Oasis, near Inverell in Northern NSW.
- Integrity Soils https://integritysoils.com/
- Reinventing Agriculture https://www.reinventingagriculture.com.au/
- Rural Womens Cooperative https://theruralwoman.com/
- Nicole Masters Ted talk – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_HHLBP82s
- The Alchemist – https://www.booktopia.com.au/the-alchemist-25th-anniversary-paulo-coelho/book/9780062315007.html
- Braiding Sweetgrass – https://www.booktopia.com.au/braiding-sweetgrass-robin-wall-kimmerer/book/9780141991955.html
This season we’ve teamed up with Highland Beef Pastoral a grass-fed beef supply chain servicing the growing US grass-fed market.
The Highland Beef program uses an innovative model looking to change the way farmers and customers interact.
Essentially this Australian-owned business place cattle on their member graziers’ properties at their expense and provides farmers competitive returns for every kg of beef produced, allowing their graziers to focus on improving their businesses in a capital-free, risk-free environment.
If you’re interested in finding out more about this program visit hbpastoral.com.au/charliearnott.
Thank you to all who’ve made this show possible. Our host Charlie Arnott. Our producer is Rhys Jones of Yaga Media. And, of course, we are grateful for our sponsors, Patreon supporters, and listeners.
Patrons get access to exclusive videos, a discussion community, and much more. Go to https://charliearnott.com.au/podcast/ to support my work.